Report back on: 10th June 2010 Kick Off Celebration Concert at Orlando Stadium, Soweto:- THE BEST BIT HAD TO BE OUR WONDERFUL ARCHBISHOP DESMOND TUTU COMING ON THE STAGE DRESSED IN HIS "BEANIE" HAT & BAFANA SCARF! AS HE SAID: "HALALA NELSON MANDELA", second best was seeing Freshlyground grinding their hips with "The Hips Shakira"!
CAN YOU FEEL IT? IT WAS HERE!
See more good news and South African achievments at SAGOODNEWS.CO.ZA
View the South Africa 2010 Stadiums here
In Cape Town we even have streets with Kool names - Howzit Darling Street! See more about the village of Darling on the West Coast HERE - Tannie Evita has declared Darling village a "Soccer Free Zone" just in case you need one!
FAN FEST AREAS ARE THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE WITHOUT A TICKET!
There will be many more Fan Fest areas all over the world
See FIFA 2010 SA MATCH TIMETABLE FOR 64 TEAM MATCHES & THE CITIES - Print out + keep as "Score Sheet".
All 64 matches screened at Official SA Fan Fests on 74m2 screens, the biggest screen structures of this sort to be erected in South Africa, first used by FIFA during German World Cup.
CAPE TOWN'S GRAND PARADE WAS THE LARGEST "FAN FEST AREA" IN CAPE METRO .
Live music shows all day in between matches on GIANT 74m2 screen - what a "JOL" as we say here in Die Kaap. Come and play with us!
FIND LOCATION OF CAPE TOWN 2010 STADIUM: MAP OF CAPE TOWN CITY CENTRE
- To get you into the local groove - See DISKI DANCE links below - Watch and learn Diski Dance moves for South Africa 2010 World Cup Fan Parties. June & July are WINTER months in South Africa - bring warm clothes - temperature can range from an average of 8C to 25C Degrees.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW
- WORLD CHAMPIONS SPAIN
- See photos of the Final here
See Video of Spanish Team
arriving home in Spain
- See Video of Fans leaving
- Soccer City after final match
- See photos of Fans
- See pics of fans in Durban - the Orange People invade!
- See ACCOMMODATION section to "book a bed" & find a local travel agent for assistance.
King George was heard muttering "We are not amused"
Nkosi sikelel' iAfrika.....
Maluphakanyisw' uphondo lwayo,
Yizswa imithandazo yethu......
Nkosi sikelela, thina lusapho lwayo.
Morena boloka setjhaba sa heso........
O fedise dintwa la matshwenyeho,
O se boloke, O se boloke setjhaba sa heso,
Setjahaba sa South Afrika - South Afrika.
Uit die blou van onse hemel.....Uit die diepte van ons see,
Oor ons ewige gebergtes........Waar die kranse antwoord gee,
Sounds the call to come together......And united we shall stand,
Let us live and strive for freedom........In South Africa - our land.
Find out more on our THINGS TO SEE & DO pages